Friday, August 11, 2017

Training for the marathon


The marathon begins in 86 days, 6 hours when I started this post

Hi everybody,

I discovered consulting my statistics that some people abroad were reading this blog so I thought that I should write at least once in a while in English in order to allow them to follow my adventures.


I began my specific training for the NYC marathon the 17th of July, almost one month ago. Since then, I have been running 4 times a week.

A usual week is going like this:
On Tuesday, I run about 10 km slowly but with 10 minutes of interval trainings at the end.
On Thursday, I run 11km with about 1 mile slow, then 5 miles awfully fast for me (12km/h), then 1 mile slow. I usually fail in going as fast as my training is supposed to be. Even though I did succeed in running at 12.2km/h a 10km run a few months ago, I am having a hard time doing that casually every week along with the rest of the training.
On Saturday,  I have a nice slow run of 8km which only aims at tiring me for the Sunday...
Because, on Sunday, I run 20km at 11km/h (which I usually succeed! I am very proud of that one!)

So all together, it's about 50km per week
As the number of miles is increasing each week, it's been a little less until last week and it will be a little more these next weeks.

Then, I am preparing for some special races
But they seem so short, less than any casual Sunday!

There will be the Paris-Versailles the 24th of September, only 16km... it will last less than 1h30! But I subscribed to have a real hard 3km long up hill road. Because it's said that one thing which is hard in NYC is the ascending elevation and so I got to be prepared.
Then, two weeks later (between which my sundays' runs will last up to 33km at this point), I will do "les 20km de Paris", which I expect to do in less that 1h45.
This run will be a good rehearsal for my parents and Julien when they will be supporting me for the marathon.

At this stage, I do get blisters and stuff but I am feeling quite well and if I don't have any illness or accident, I am pretty sure I will end the marathon and I would like to end it in less than 4 hours.

I tell you more later... I should know soon in which wave starts I am.

I am still listening to all your words and songs and I love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home